To: Employees and Students
From: Human Resources
Re: H1N1 Vaccinations
Dear Employees and Students,
Vermont Law School has received a very limited number of the H1N1 dead virus shot vaccine. The CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommends that certain groups of the population receive the 2009 H1N1 vaccine first. These target groups include (in order of CDC recommendations):
- Pregnant women;
- People who live with or care for children younger than 6 months of age;
- Healthcare and emergency medical services personnel;
- Those traveling abroad outside of the United States on VLS business in the next 60 days who were not eligible for the previous nasal spray clinic;
- Persons between the ages of 6 months and 24 years old;
- People ages of 25 through 64 years of age who are at higher risk for 2009 H1N1 because of chronic health disorders or compromised immune systems.
If you fall within any of the categories on the priority list above, please respond to this e-mail by no later than Thursday, 11/19/09, and indicate which category you fall into.
Again, I would like to emphasize that we have a very limited number of these doses currently available to us, which will only serve a small percentage of the VLS community. Those that reply to this e-mail will be assigned to a tier based on the list above.
We have coordinated a vaccine clinic with Gifford to be held here on campus on Tuesday, 11/24/09 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. If your name is selected to receive the vaccine, I will be in contact with you prior to the 24th to confirm that you would still like to receive the vaccine.
We will continue to seek additional vaccines and I am in constant contact with the VT Department of Health to this end. I will send out updates regarding additional doses as the information becomes available.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or refer to the CDC H1N1 Vaccine website.
Hope all is well,
Senior Benefits Administrator
Vermont Law School
P.O. Box 96, Chelsea Street
South Royalton, VT 05068
(802) 831-1212 (fax)